1. ClickFunnels – The Most Popular Page Builder Platform
If you are in touch with the world of digital marketing or running your online business, you have probably heard about ClickFunnels. It is one of the most popular landing page builders that is pioneering online sales funnels. ClickFunnels is the most extensive marketing SaaS (Software as Service), giving businesses software that turns their site visitors into customers. It has many excellent features that will skyrocket your sales in days.
It is no doubt that ClickFunnels has gained so much popularity in such a short time. But is it worth buying for your business? Can we trust the crowd who are using it? What sets ClickFunnel apart from other landing page builders?
This comprehensive guide will review all features, pros and cons, and pricing of ClickFunnel and provide you with a detailed comparison of Kartra vs ClickFunnels.
You May Also Like to Read: Builderall vs Clickfunnel
1.1. Clickfunnels Overview
ClickFunnels is a sales funnel provider for entrepreneurs to create excellent sales funnels. It is specifically designed for marketers who are not tech-savvy to create high converting, seamless and fully-functional sales funnels. ClickFunnel is the best marketing solution created by Russell Brunsin to help businesses with digital marketing and online advertising. It is not just a page builder or sales funnel provider but also offers some outstanding affiliate programs which can be utilized to earn more from your business.
ClickFunnels makes the marketing and selling process simple by providing pre-installed funnel options for certain products and services. It ensures a highly visual and clear pipeline of leads and deals, unlike traditional sales funnels. ClickFunnels won’t let you spend a considerable portion of time and money creating sales funnels or wasting time on email responders, web hosting, or landing pages. It offers you great interactive tools to design your web page and create marketing funnels to keep your audience engaged while driving sales. Let’s take an in-depth look at ClickFunnels main feature.
1.2. Clickfunnels Main Features
Here is the list of tools you will get inside the ClickFunnels;
- A built-in affiliate management system called Backpack.
- Membership sites
- Shopping Cart
- Host Webinars
- Several training materials that explain every detail about online marketing and sales funnel.
- Powerful sales analytics tools on one ClickFunnels Dashboard.
1.3. Pros and Cons of Clickfunnels
Every software has its positives and negatives and analyzing them is so crucial as it speeds up the decision-making process, improves your understanding, prevents you from decision-making paralysis or wrong selection.
- ClickFunnels is a professionally designed platform that has all possible features for funnel building. From basic to advanced tools, it has all the features and benefits a marketer needs. It is an all-in-one solution to create and run efficient sales funnels.
- ClickFunnels is suitable for beginners with less to no experience in handling digital marketing tools.
- Outstanding page builders with a direct user interface and professional design work perfectly for no coding experience.
- Moreover, it will let you add a handy WordPress plugin to shift your pages from ClickFunnel to a WordPress website. It will save a lot of time and working hassle between WordPress and ClickFunnels.
- ClickFunnels offers excellent help in making money by providing easy account sign up and putting content and payment procedures. It will probably take you a couple of hours to figure out things in ClickFunnels.
- ClickFunnel doesn’t allow users to upload videos directly. You can embed videos from video streaming platforms like Vimeo and YouTube.
- The site builder of ClickFunnels works pretty awesomely, but it does not have many options for memberships. Limited options for members make it tough to monetize the customer base through these memberships.
1.4. ClickFunnels vs. Kartra – Detailed Comparison
When it comes to funnel building the only name that come to mind is ClickFunnel. It has a long-held crown for being the best and popular sales funnel builder. But in recent years, another software has appeared to compete and has gained massive momentum. Yes! We are talking about Kartra. However, the rapid popularity doesn’t encourage one to buy until clearly observing its features and functionality. ClickFunnels vs Kartra is an unending debate on the internet. Many people will advise you to take a free 14 days trial of ClickFunnels and Kartra, but why waste so much precious time when you can leverage this detailed comparison from our comprehensive guide.
We will break down everything that must be part of good marketing software and review it in ClickFunnels and Kartra.
You May Also Like to Read: 10 Minutes Funnel vs Clickfunnel
While comparing Kartra vs ClickFunnels, the choice that you make should depend on individual features. Both software offers many best options but how these can be integrated into your business is what matters. Features of ClickFunnel and Kartra are wide-ranging which makes them suitable for all sorts of businesses.
ClickFunnels have more than 143.700 active users today and have the reputation of the most successful online marketing platforms worldwide. It is all-in-one software; Clickfunnels offers its users almost everything needed to build a complete, efficient, and high-converting online sales process.
Clickfunnels offers three pricing plans;
- The starter plan
What you will get in the starter plan of ClickFunnel:
- Professional funnel and fully-customizable page templates (20 funnels and 100 pages)
- Offers 3 payment gateway integrations and up to 3 domains
- Optimizable page editor
- Access to Funnelflix (A source of training materials and courses)
- Funnel sharing
- Chat Support
- Connect with the FunnelHacker community
Features you’ll get in Clickfunnels pro-plan/ Platinum) offer:
- It includes the feature-set provided in the starter plan.
- ClickFunnels have no restrictions on the numbers of funnels and pages built.
- Offers 9 payment gateway integrations and up to 9 domains.
- Activate the Backpack tool and unlimited access to follow-up funnels.
- Get comprehensive training for funnel building (Funnel Hackathons) and other premium courses about every aspect of online marketing.
- All the features in the Clickfunnels Platinum plan are open, making it widely used by most marketers.
For the Clickfunnels (TwoCommaClubX) premium package you will need to be approved to become a member of this unique program and receive their highest level of service.
Kartra is a newbie and young competitor of Clickfunnels that has already built its reputation among digital marketers. It was built after Clickfunnels, but now it is doing a great job and offers everything others lacked.
It includes everything a marketer needs; email automation, video, webinars, split testing, cart checkouts, and other essential tools. To better compete with Clickfunnels, Kartra’s is fulfilling its features kit with more plan options.
Kartra offers four plans: the Start, Silver, Gold, and Platinum. The remarkable thing about Kartra is that you can access all its features, even with the cheapest plan, though there are various limits on them.
All tiers offer:
- Page builder functionality
- Affiliate Management
- Advanced email automation
- Video hosting
- Integrated shopping cart
- Membership sites
- Custom domain
1.4.2. Web Editors
Website is what matters most for any business online. Traditionally businesses hire a web developer for this purpose, now you can use integrated software tools to do this.
Page builder ability is one of the most praised features of Clickfunnels. It has a more task-oriented approach than Kartra and most of today’s competitors in online marketing software. There are not many differences between the layout of both Kartra and ClickFunnel page builders. With Clickfunnels, you have columns, color-coded rows, and elements (content), which you simply click on to select and customize.
Image: ClickFunnel’s Web Editor
However, pre-made templates are the thing that overcomes Kartra as they are proven to be efficient for countless businesses.
Kartra, web page building, is extremely simple to the users. You need to select the right templates, customize them to your liking and match your needs. Kartra’s web builder is user-friendly, but its feature kit for page building is not as optimizable as Clickfunnels. The page editor provides you with two modes: column and component.
Image: Kartra’s Web Editor
- Users can choose a column (section) for customization of the column.
- Users are allowed to change the content in the columns.
Apart from 2 modes, users can also have a feature to add pre-built sections, including testimonials, pricing tables, and download boxes.
1.4.3. Email Automation
Email Automation plays an important role in the online marketing of your products. A complete sales funnel requires powerful email automation for customer engagement and relationship building.
Clickfunnels allows users to take personalized email marketing to the next level via a feature called Actionetics or Follow-up Funnels. It integrates with today’s most popular social platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, and even Google. By entering the customer’s email address the Actionectics will gather persons’ information-social profiles, interests, even income based on your email list. One of the outstanding features is the algorithm of ClickFunnels that can grade people in your follow-up funnels and gives them a rating based on their value to your business.
Image: ClickFunnel’s Email Automation Dashboard
Kartra’s email automation tools focus on behaviour-based analytics and personalization that allows users to customize the kinds of emails sent to their customers. Furthermore, every click, send, or open is all tracked, recorded, and represented in detailed analytics reports to monitor your email marketing performance with ease. Kartra will do all the email marketing tasks such as follow-ups, subscriptions, email sending in your funnels and many more.
Image: Kartra’s Email Automation
1.4.4. Affiliate Management
Both Kartra and ClickFunnels integrate affiliate management tools for high lead generation. They also offer you an option to become their affiliate and earn a generous 40% commission from the sales you made.
The affiliate management system of ClickFunnels is known as Backpack.
Image: Backpack – Affiliate Management (ClickFunnels)
- It helps you to add an affiliate to any funnel you created in ClickFunnels.
- It will let you track every click and sale on your affiliate products.
- ClickFunnels will display the same commissions for each affiliate based on sales.
- It will provide you with the sticky cookie incentive to incentivize affiliates which let affiliates earn commission not only on their products but from any purchases made by customers in the future.
Apart from all the advantages, Backpack’s biggest drawback is that you can only use it on over expensive pricing options.
In Kartra’s affiliate system, you can manage all your affiliates (every product) on a global-setting;
Image: Affiliate Management – Kartra
- You can set up a PayPal payment to immediately pay the commissions after sales’ completion.
- Send different options with questionnaires, terms and conditions to your potential affiliates.
- You can also add an affiliate program to check out particular products.
- Made the affiliate tags for payment schedules and can also add commission tiers.
The Affiliate management system in both Kartra and ClickFunnel is powerful and comprehensive.
1.4.5. Membership Sites
A membership site is a gate of an online business where only members or subscribers can access the content you’ve placed behind the gates. Your membership site can be paid, free, or a mix of both.
The setup process of the ClickFunnels membership site is super easy and simple. You can integrate your existing sales Funnel into a membership site which helps in a smooth flow. In ClickFunnels, you can also replicate and reuse your old membership site with its Share Funnel Feature.
Image: Membership Sites – ClickFunnels
The drawback of membership sites in ClickFunnel is that it doesn’t offer built-in video/audio hosting and progress tracking. You have to use a third-party for these features.
Karta enables you to upload video, audio, text and even downloadable documents. All of these things can be hosted directly on Kartra Servers. Kartra is a reasonable option for those entrepreneurs who are interested in course creation. Each level will give access to different kinds of contents from bronze, silver to gold and diamond.
Image: Membership Sites – Kartra
1.4.6. A/B Testing
Split testing is necessary to define whether your pages are performing well or not. ClickFunnels and Kartra both provide split A/B testing into several different page types.
ClickFunnels allows you to do a split test between any page within ClickFunnels. Moreover, you can calculate page performance and check the confidence scores throughout the test. With A/B testing, you can easily check your useful pages via score comparison. It also gives you an analytics stats page.
Image: ClickFunnel’s Split Testing – A/B Testing
In Kartra, you can set the percentage of visitors sent to either page, do a split test from an external URM, and test up to 4 pages at once. The purpose of the split test is to identify the best-performing pages and Kartra offers A/B testing in the base pricing plan while Click Funnel not.
Image: Kartra’s A/B Testing
1.4.7. Tracking and Analytics Capabilities
Analyzing market performance helps businesses to improve and grow more. Kartra and ClickFunnels both offer analytical and tracking tools.
Image: ClickFunnels Tracking and Analytics Capabilities
ClickFunnels focuses on businesses success by providing accurate tracking and analytics capabilities. You can find almost any tool you want to analyze the sales funnels in ClickFunnels. And the best part is that if the analytical tool you need is not in the in-app integration collection, you can add it via third-party solutions. With ClickFunnels analytical tools, you can;
- Track your web performance via conversion metrics and CTR rate.
- Monitor the performance of your whole campaigns through split-testing functionality.
- Analyze marketing trends and generate reports for future campaigns.
- Allows you to get many other tools to make the best marketing decision for your business.
Kartra has very potent tracking ability, although it is new in the market but builds its reputation very rapidly in analytical capabilities and tracking. This online marketing software lets you track everything you make inside Kartra, such as sales, lists, transactions, sequences to conversion and memberships. Kartra tracks all transactions with precise information, including date, product status, price point, seller and buyers usernames, etc.
Image: Kartra Tracking and Analytics Capabilities
Kartra also integrates with Zapier to find or add a specific tool you need for tracking or monitoring.
1.4.8. Customizable ability
Marketing software is created for businesses’ ease as they usually struggle with the coding and sales funnel building process. Therefore, customizability can be considered as an excellent factor in online marketing software.
Customization is the top-most quality of ClickFunnels. You can create professional sales funnels in a couple of hours with pre-made templates. It saves time and gives you a variety of predefined funnels with corresponding landing pages.
After selecting your template, you can freely add content and customize it for your marketing purpose. Using the drag and drop editor in ClickFunnels, you can add more sections to increase your page’s length. You can do more things with the customization ability of ClickFunnels, such as;
- Embed Video links from Vimeo, Youtube, and Wistia.
- Build custom subscription forms and TA buttons according to your business campaign requirements.
- Make custom domains for sales funnels or use the pre-existing ones.
ClickFunnels also offers its users purpose-built and goal-oriented funnels, which are known as cookbook recipes. You will need to add your input to create professional-looking funnels in a short time.
Kartra dashboard is very organized and managed. Everything is listed down in a left-hand side panel. When it comes to page creation, all you need to do is add content, images, videos etc., with the help of the drag and drop feature. Kartra offers great flexibility. You can adjust the size of things from small, medium and large. Kartra page builder is easy to use but also has some limitations as compared to ClickFunnels.
These limitations are annoying at some point, such as you can only choose from pre-set sizes for many page elements. Everything is put into rigid grid lines, and it’s hard to modify the pre-set layout.
Integration ability is one of the first things you should consider when choosing a marketing platform. It is essential to ensure your web’s smooth and efficient operation.
ClickFunnels has excellent integration ability. You can find in-app or third-party integrations that allow you to automate funnels, run marketing campaigns, manage your CRM, analyze, etc.
With in-app integrations, you have Follow-up Funnels or Actionetics to create email sequences and personalized sales funnels for a better conversion rate. ClickFunnels provide shopping carts, checkouts, cloud-based communications and many more. It also allows you to integrate with a lot of third party solutions:
Image: 3rd Party Integrations With ClickFunnels
- Online Payment Solutions (PayPal, Stripe)
- Design Software (YouZign)
- Cloud-based communication platform (Twillo)
- Webinar Platform
- CRM Solution (Salesforce)
- Email Marketing Software (Mailchimp, ActiveCampaign)
- Some Popular SaaS solutions (Shopify and WordPress)
- Social Media Platforms
Image: Kartra Integration library
Kartra does not have a rich network as compared to ClickFunnels. However, the integration library is growing gradually. Kartra offers various native integration with some of the market biggest names;
- Online payment systems (Stripe, Paypal, Braintree, and Authorize.net)
- Page builder software (Optimize Press)
- Cloud-based communication Platform (Twilio)
- Email marketing platform (SendGrid, MailGun, Elastic Email)
- Membership Solutions (Digital Access Pass, aMember, S2 Member)
- Zapier, Kajabi and a few more.
Kartra does not support 3rd party support like ClickFunnels and has limited integrations.
Web Support is the capability for providing users with a place for reporting system related issues, queries and questions etc.
ClickFunnels offers three main ways to get direct support from the ClickFunnels team:
- Chat support for all users (Available on weekdays only)
- Email and Live Chat Support (Only for Platinum plan users)
- Phone Call (Only available for Premium plan users)
Image: Support by ClickFunnels
Moreover, ClickFunnels users can gain tremendous knowledge from their blog and Funnelsflix (Video Training). Blogs on different topics will help you get through different stages when running campaigns or any other processes. FunnelsFlix is a built-in training system that includes several courses and tutorials. It also has a Funnel Hacker Forum that users can join and connect to for better learning and mutual conversation.
There are several ways of connecting with Kartra’s support team.
Image: Support System by Kartra
- Live chat with Kartra’s support team.
- Online Tickets Submission
- Get help from Kartra Verse Training Center, which includes tutorial videos on Kartra and its features.
- Helpdesk, which addresses web issues with a unique ticketing system.
- You can also hire an expert at Karta’s marketplace, which supports you in every phase of running marketing campaigns for high effectiveness and better results.
Checking pricing plans is essential before buying any software. People usually purchase more expensive software because it has a long list of extra features which eventually turns out as a wrong move. Many of those features might not even apply to your business or be usable by your particular system.
After reading its features, you have probably been thinking about how much is ClickFunnels per month? It offers three pricing plans:
- $97 a month ClickFunnels plan is limited to 20 funnels, 100 pages, three custom domains, three payment gateways, access to ClickFunnels form and Funnelflix. This plan does not include email marketing automation.
- $397 a month ClickFunnels PLATINUM plan offers unlimited funnels and pages. It has nine payment gateways, nine custom domains, priority support, additional training and email automation.
- $2.497 a month ClickFunnels TwoCommaClubX plan includes all feature sets of the platinum package along with more privileges like 27 domains, 27 payment gateways, priority support and VIP phone support.
Image: Pricing Plan ClickFunnels
Kartra has four pricing plans:
- STARTER PLAN: Starting from $79 a month, it includes up to 2.500 leads, 15.000 emails/mo, 100-page hosting, one custom domain, two membership sites, and one helpdesk connection.
- SILVER PLAN: Starting from $149 a month, it includes up to 12.500 leads, three custom domains, video hosting, unlimited emails and page creation, membership sites and helpdesk.
- GOLD PLAN: Starting from $229 a month, it includes up to 2.000 leads, five custom domains and all the features of a silver plan.
- PLATINUM PLAN: Starting from $379 a month, it offers up to 50.000 leads, ten custom domains and includes a feature set of a GOLD PLAN.
Image: Pricing Plan Kartra
1.5. Comparative Summary – Clickfunnels vs. Kartra
ClickFunnel is the best platform that focuses on creating targeted awareness and boosting sales. It has some existing features that Kartra doesn’t have, such as Webinar Hosting, various training materials and support service. It has the best integration and high effectiveness in page and sales funnel building.
Image: ClickFunnels vs. Kartra – Comparisonrative Summary
A considerable number of online businesses are using ClickFunnels to make their business more appealing to the eye. It helps them improve their sales and convert visitors to regular buyers through a good marketing strategy. ClickFunnels is an excellent page builder, sales funnel builder and marketing automation platform for online business owners who want to sell their products and services.
1.5.1. Clickfunnels is the winner in (Who should use it?)
ClickFunnels and Kartra are both all-in-one platforms that offer the best marketing solutions, but ClickFunnels offers some of the most existing features that focus on increasing your business sales. If you wish to take your business online, you must opt for a ClickFunnel, not a website, to generate sales. Here are some reasons why ClickFunnel is a winner and an excellent choice.
- ClickFunnels is best at creating optimized sales funnels and high-converting landing pages.
- Best for you if marketing and sales are the primary concern of your business.
- It helps you to create more intricate sales functions for your products.
- Clickfunnels is best if you want to migrate to another platform for powerful features.
1.5.2. Who Should Use Kartra?
Kartra is an all-in-one business platform that consolidates your landing pages, sales pages, online courses, membership sites, email system and payments in one place.
- It is best for people who want to run an entire business from one dashboard.
- Your projects involve video-hosting, or your clients demand built-in help desk functionality.
- You wish to improve your online marketing result or run effective campaigns or sell digital products and leverage them by building a membership site.
1.6. Closing Lines
Both Kartra and ClickFunnels are fully comprehensive sales and marketing automation platforms. They go with the same purpose and many same features. As compared to other marketing platforms in the market, both don’t come at a low price. If you plan to get an all-in-one marketing platform, choose carefully because the wrong choice will waste your money and marketing effort.
Frequently Ask Questions about ClickFunnels
Here are some FAQs about the ClickFunnels; an all-in-one online marketing solution.